Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another teenage crush advice question.?

I have seen many questions of dramatic teenagers seeking advice on how to deal with their crushes. In fact, I have written some myself (but this is a new account so you won't find them :P). But what the heck, they're fun to read and fun to write so, in the words of the Grammy nominated band OK Go, here it goes again.





Let me give you, the reader, a little background info on myself. I have crushed on many girls, and in almost all of the cases, I have tried to test the waters and failed miserably by making stupid bold gestures. For example, once I gave a girl a letter confessing my love along with a trinket. In the end, I ignore and get ignored by all of them. Lately, I have tried a new approach of waiting and distracting myself until the crush wears off. This time could be like any other or, perhaps with your help, I will be able to finally get over the hump, so to speak.





Now let me tell you about the girl. Ever since I heard of her I was interested (about 2.5 years ago). She's cute, pretty, funny, etc. Basically perfect. However, there are many catches. First off, she is my friend's sister. This is one of my best friends,and I know he would be neutral to my pursuit of his sister. He will not help nor do I wish to get his help. So in your answers, don't involve him. Nextly, a few months ago, she had a boyfriend. I have been going over to my friend's house more often to see her there but I have never found the boyfriend. First task should be to see if she is still in this relationship. How to do so, of course, should be part of your answer. Also, striking up a conversation is hard since she is one grade below me. I barely see her at school, and seeing her makes me a bit numb, defensive even. I also wish to avoid anything too direct. Please post complete answers, they are more fun to read. Have fun!Another teenage crush advice question.?
Well the first thing i have to say is NEVER come on strong. If you hesitate to do it or second guess yourself, its probably too much. But dont get discouraged. The best thing you can be to a girl is friendly, not creeper friendly but just cordial and genuinely friendly. Girls love guys who are super nice and mean it. Thats the first thing that sweeps them off their feet. Considering the fact that you have liked her for a long time, i'm guessing you've dropped SOME sort of maybe minor hint or flirty gesture. Another thing, always make sure that your friend is completely content with you pursuing his sister because sometimes they get defensive and it can hurt a friendship. But thats beside the point. Secondly, if she has a myspace of facebook check around on her page and see if there is any recent activity from any guys and just do some research, or you could even ask your friend. Another thing, age doesnt really matter. If you're confident and heartfelt when you talk to her striking up a conversation should actually be quite simple. Be concerned at her answers and dig deep at the little things. Make small talk into Big talk. Be interested.


I wish you the greatest of luck and i hope some or any of this works. Post and tell us how it goes! Go get her tiger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment