Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to deal with my huge crush on my roommate/friend?

3 months ago, we got a new roommate at our place. She's this cute girl, and it turned out that she and I have several things in common. We've become close and have been hanging out several times a week. Anyway, I've developed a huge crush on her. I'm not sure how she feels about me. She clearly enjoys spending time with me, but I have no clue if my feelings are in any way reciprocated. I'll pick up a small vibe every now and again, and we did briefly (and drunkenly) make out once, but there's no solid evidence that she likes me the way I like her. We've been in the same holding pattern for a long time.





So I'm not sure what to do, or even what my options are. I don't want to risk creating an awkward living situation by confessing to her, nor do I want to risk not being able to hang out with her anymore. But sitting and doing nothing is eating away at me.





Does anyone have any advice or experience to share here? What is the best way to handle this? Thank you in advance.How to deal with my huge crush on my roommate/friend?
Be honest, with her and yourself.





If you're not getting the ';I';m totally into you'; vibe from her, leave it alone, maybe she's got you in the ';friends'; zone.





Act and respond naturally, don't force anything. Time will tell. If she asks, say you've been interested, but not wanted to push her, or make an awkward living situation.





Be her friend, see if it goes anywhere





Get an avatar, that'll impress her








LuckHow to deal with my huge crush on my roommate/friend?
eh... ask her on a date and for a first step... see how see likes it.
If you made out once that's your green light. Go for it!
Have a third party ask her if the two of you are dating. If she says no, they should ask her why not, because they think you two would make a fun couple.





Find out how she handled it.
Honestly is the best policy..........
Without taking some risks you're going to get nowhere. I urge caution here because you did say this could make the living arrangements fairly ackward, but if you do nothing it's just going to build up and erupt one night and that will be a HUGE MISTAKE. I really encouarge you to take a little risk if you want this to go somewhere. If you don't then you're just going to have to accept it's not going to happen and move on. You said you hang out numerous times a week how about moving the hang out to a more private (date-type) situation like dinner or something? That's a good first step to test the waters and see if you want to put it on the line. Hope this helps, good luck.
Listen, there is only one way to figure out if she likes u. Ask her out on a friends type of date, but at the best possible time ask her what she thinks ofu, if she likes u, or if she has any feelings for u. Make sure u let her know that u have a crush on her.
Aw that's sweet, she sure sounds like your type judging on the fact you say you're close and have things in common.





Well since you guys seem to be good friends, it's best just to tell her how you feel- you never know, she might have the sam e feeling as you do just she's hiding it. Remember to give her some time to think about it if it's a silent answer, and don't be shy to ask her- she's your friend!
you will never know if you dnt tell her,take her to dinner and get on a warm start so both of you feel comfortable and that's when you get on the subject but dnt take it to fast because then it will seem like you are rushing!
The best way to go about finding out how she really feels is beat around the bush so to speak.


sometime when you are hanging out start talking about things you both like or dislike, as the conversation gets more involved ask her in a way she can't tell if your serious or not, if I wasn't your roomate, would you go on a date with me. You can tell a lot by her reaction to this. Use your instincts, if you feel like she's uncomfortable with the question and obviously it's bad, follow the question with a joke, so she thinks you were just kidding. If you can hide the questions with humor, then you can always go back and say whoa i was totally kidding, and at the same time try to feel out how she feels by catching her off guard.
I think if you have really strong feelings for her and that you both have things in common, you should really go for it and ask her face to face. Because you if you don't ask, you will never know how it would have been like if you guys were together and hurry up, if she is that cute and sweet, other guys out there are looking for her too. Its okay to ask her out and that you should risk it because you dont' want to regret for the rest of your life thinking how it could have been if you did ask her. After all, she might have the same feelings but is also scared to ask you. It's also okay if she rejects you, after all friends are suppose to not have hardfeelings and since she is a girl,she is emotionallly in touch and she would understand instead of being awkward.
Knock on her door every night at 10pm, and run. If she chases you then yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment