Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to deal with a teen who has a crush on me?

I'm a 27-year old librarian. There is a 13 or 14-year old boy who is at the library nearly every day. He has a crush on me and it makes me so uncomfortable. He's always talking to me and asking me about my work schedule, or if I'm going to events in my town. He's seen me outside of work with my hubby and daughter. I don't know how to deal with this.How to deal with a teen who has a crush on me?
Wow, I was once that kid...Take it as a compliment that someone has a crush on you...Talk about your husband and daughter a lot, or just keep the conversation regarding the duo decimal system.How to deal with a teen who has a crush on me?
just tell him it makes u uncomfortable
I would say just be nice to him, and ask him if he has a girlfriend or other social friends. He doesn't need to be crushed at this age (there will be time enough for that later). Try to build up his confidence and maybe he will be able to relate to his own peers better.
start talking about your husband and maybe some of the adult concerns you have like paying bills, etc. That should deflate his interest.





Or you could let the kid know with a backhanded compliment like ';you're the kind of boy I liked WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE';
Tell him that he is a wonderful boy (even if he's not, just to make him feel better) but make him realize how you and he would not work. Tell him about your age difference, and that you already have someone you love very much. Tell him he will eventually meet the girl of his dreams but you are afraid it isn't you. Tell him you would love to be friends, though.





Hope I helped in one way or another. Good luck!
introduce him to ur little sister if u have any, or to your neighbors' daughter if they have any.


if none of u have any, then your case is hopeless.
talk to him tell him as it is .that he is a child you have a child so explain to him the way you would want some one to react to your child if it was her.
I would gently ask him to keep to questions that pertain to the library, and that it is against proper rules to discuss your personal information. Tell him that if he has questions outside of that that you are required to direct him to your supervisor. Then, do just that. Tell your supervisor that you have discussed this with this kid, and that you are not comfortable with his level of familiarity in his demeanor with you. make sur that your supervisors know who he is and have it documented correctly. Be careful and do not go out to the parking lot alone at night. Try to park your car in different places in case he knows what you drive. Make sure that your fmaily knows where you are at all times. Document any further out of line communication with your work place. If he keeps this up you might need to alert authorities. It is not too much to ask for him to stop, nor is it too much to ask your employer to help you out with this. Crush or not, he should not pursue you with those questions and he needs to know that it ia not appropriate.
i say sit him down, when no one else is around... ( unless legally you feel you should have another person there )... and just say ';listen... i think you are a really nice kid ( say ';kid'; ) ...but sometimes it seems as though you're treating me like a potential ';girlfriend';... while i think that's really sweet, i just want you to know that that makes me feel uncomfortable... because a woman my age doesn't think about boys your age that way... it's inappropriate... i would appreciate it very much if you could respect my boundries on this issue or i may have to talk to your parents... do you think we can we keep this just between us?...
  • grey hair
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment