Thursday, August 19, 2010

Married couples, how well have you dealt with crushes throughout your marriage?

couples, share stories?





man, they're a blessing and a curse. curse because they distract for for days or weeks on end only to realize that when they dissipate, you madly are in love with hubbs again! (always was). i looked at a picture of him recently and i cried tears of joy. that's why i also feel those damned attractions are a blessing. (lack of better word).Married couples, how well have you dealt with crushes throughout your marriage?
I have been married for 15 years, and I have not had a ';Crush'; in over 20 years.





Mature adults are attracted to other people, but thats human nature, pure and simple.





In other words, All married couples have looked at a ';menu'; or two, but when you order from the menu, is when you have crossed the line.Married couples, how well have you dealt with crushes throughout your marriage?
I was married for 24 years the first time, and had lots of them (he was an asshole). But I never acted on them because I knew what they were. I was faithful 24 years as a perfect wife...HE was the one who thought his crush was ';love';, and he divorced me to marry her.





Through our grown children, I understand he is not any happier than he was with me...but through the grace of God, I found and married a WONDERFUL man, and have found true happiness with my soul mate.
Jumper- PLEASE, if you think people are not attracted to others after marriage YOU are the one not ready. We are married, not dead. You aren't even married http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>





Enjoy they eye candy but never act on it. Never make your interactions anymore than you would with anyone else. Crushes through out marriage are very normal, they can ironically put the spark back into a marriage or they can rip it apart. It all depends on what you want to do with it.
omg, yes they are. i guess it's all because we see things on other people that we like. and by things i not only mean physically.


i say u let it be. it happens. dont act upon it.


if it happens rather frequently then u should ask yourself if you are truly committed to your relationship.
That happens when you are younger and, I don't know, they can be heartbreaking especially if the other person thinks of you as a friend. I try and not go there anymore and besides now that I am pushing 50 I just don't have what it takes anymore!
I think about them but i would never act on them. I know what i have is far more better. if the one im thinking about is not here then i know he was not meant to be. Besides i did say my vows and its a sacred thing and its sealed in the eyes of god.
I acted on them a whole lot, unfortunately. Now, though--I've learned to control myself, and realize that they are meaningless to the big picture of things.
When u realize the crushes come from boredom, u learn to spice things up in ur marriage, and have a ';recrush'; on ur spouse when u feel a crush on someone else coming on.
When they fade you realize how good you have it. Now if only everyone could figure out how time-limited are those infatuations.
We both acted on the first ones and then learned how to keep better boundaries in place.
you don't really sound ready to be married

No comments:

Post a Comment