Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to deal with a non-reciprocal crush?

Hello everyone,


Just earlier today, I received an email from a girl I know. She stated that she has a crush on me, that she likes me, etc. She already knows, somehow, that I don麓t return her feelings.





So my question is this: how should I respond to her email? I want to respond in the nicest way possible, I don't want to hurt her feelings any more then they probably already are.





I have searched through the internet and have found a lot from the perspective of the person who has the crush, but virtually nothing from my perspective.





Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.How to deal with a non-reciprocal crush?
I'm flattered that you like me in that way. And I think you're a pretty cool person, but I don't feel the same way. We can still hang out and talk and stuff, but let's just keep it at that. I really like you as a person, and I think you'll find the right guy, it's just not me.How to deal with a non-reciprocal crush?
Be honest with her the hurt is less painful , as it will not leave her wondering and she'll have to except it
Hmmm...this is interesting. Well...tell her the truth in a beneficial way. Be nice about it. Every truth isn't told in a good way. Some people tell the truth to hurt people. She is already emotionally weak because you don't return her feelings, but you have to let her know that you aren't the guy whom she needs to have her eyes set upon. Just think about what you are going to say to her and how it is going to affect her before you tell her anything.
Tell her this: You are a cool person but, i like you as a friend.I don't want to hurt your feelings, because i respect you as the wonderful person you are.Plus i am a very honest person, and i believe in sincerity above all things.And because i respect you , i am being upfront, i just don't see you that way.
If you know her and met her in person, the internet is not the way to say it!!! Meet up with her at a place you always see each other and walk up to her, look her in the eyes, and say what your heart is telling you. ';you are the nicest person, but i just don't feel a connection....AT THIS POINT IN TIME. Maybe someday i will start to like you, but for right now, i think you would be an awesomo friend.'; try that on for size!!
No matter what you say, she's going to feel hurt. But if you say the right words, it could help her to feel less hurt and move on. I mean, Im sure she has already considered there is a chance you may not return the feelings. The best thing you can say is just honestly tell her you dont feel for her the same way she does, and its hard for you to tell her this because you respect her, but you want to be honest instead of leading her on. If your honest but at the same time, down to earth and polite about the whole situation, that would help alot...good luck!
You didn't say an age but lately there are young girls expressing the latest rage in relationships---the crush. It means something different to each person. All she is saying is she likes you---well if you aren't at a stage in life where you are looking for a girl, simply say that you appreciate the interest but at this time you are not looking for a girlfriend. Guys and girls are different emotionally---girls want that security and acceoptance having a boyfriend brings. Guys want food, loud cars---skateboards---not gooey love---so you and her are on different wavelengths. You won't hurt her feelings--and you owe her nothing. Realx, smile and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment